Sunday, December 29, 2013

Thank you

My last post for the year, #52, and it'll be short and sweet. I wanted to use this one to thank everyone who has sent me a postcard or has reached out this past year. My wall of cards is now full, and it's time to start a new one. The same rule applies, if you send me one, I'll send you one. I'll be in Germany throughout this next year, so it'll another year of stories to come.

Additionally, I wanted to add, the Bonn Christmas market the Saturday before Christmas= veruckt (crazy)! It's universal, the last minute shopping, it doesn't matter where you are, there will always be people who wait.

In the meantime, I'll be spending the holidays in the US split between the two states.

To finish things up- here are some holiday terms from Germany:

  • Frohe Weihnachten- Merry Christmas
  • Glückliches neues Jahr- Happy New Year
  • Danke- Thank you (informal)
  • Vielen dank- Thank you very much
  • Ein frohes Fest!- A joyous holiday
  • Zum neuen Jahr Gesundheit, Glück und viel Erfolg!- Health, happiness, and much success in the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment