Friday, September 27, 2013

Strassenfest



So on Saturday, I decided to take a walk on the wild side (not really), and go for a walk around Bonn, secretly hoping to run across something to do on this gorgeous day. After vainly trying to find a flea market, I ended up walking back through Poppelsdorf and came across Strassenfest.


This festival is all about getting one last hurrah with friends over a nice cold one. There were a few craft vendors, but mostly there was good food and lots of beer. I arrived around 12, so things were just getting started. I did enjoy scrumptious Indian food, a vegetable curry, before walking home. I enjoyed the sun and the 'warmth' (ie ~70F weather) while I could.

Rhine River

Beethoven goes shopping

Strassenfest

Random sculptures by Munster Platz
Poppeldorf Schloss

No comments:

Post a Comment