Thursday, September 19, 2013

Bonn Botanical Garden

Sunday I saw some sun peeking out from between the clouds, so I thought I would try going to Bonn's botanical garden. Located next to Poppeldorf Schloss, the garden was larger than I anticipated. Unfortunately, the sun decided to leave the sky for the rest of the day, but I still wandered about for a few hours. The garden was in various forms of bloom and harvest. They had several greenhouses. One was dedicated to desert plants (I felt like I was back in AZ), another was a tropical room with orchids, another had carnivorous plants, and the biggest one had a large pond for enormous lily pads and had the world's smelliest plant, which when in bloom, smells like death. Outside there were gardens organized in some fashion that was unknown to me. Bees were abuzz and butterflies were flitting about. Luckily the rain held off until after I returned home. If I'm here next year, I'll have to go in the spring.








































No comments:

Post a Comment