Saturday, July 6, 2013

A beautiful weekend

So, I haven't traveled anywhere in several weeks- I know, sad right? This weekend is going to be full of fun things, seeing as we have sun here for the first time in over 2 weeks. Did I mention sunny and warm (81F)? Therefore this weekend is going to be a fabulous one! So far so good already. On the agenda: Picnic(s), shopping (grocery and clothes), buying flowers for myself, a bike ride or two, going for some walks, cooking dinner for myself (yummy of course), and of course getting tipsy on the wine I had while cooking. 1 glass with 11% alcohol by volume is all it takes apparently. I have to admit that I'm writing this post-dinner, so it's anyone's guess what/if  I'll regret writing something tomorrow.

Apparently around the 4th of July, while Independence Day in the US, is a great time of sales here in Germany. After walking around in the sunshine for a while, I managed to find a cute dress, skirt, and light weight summer pants... I only went to the town center for the market, so this was a nice side trip. Currently in season at the market, cherries and peaches and the usual veggies. I also saw green beans that were huge, and must be lima beans, because they were about an inch and half wide by 6 inches tall. Also on my town center trip was getting some flowers for myself. I bought 2 small bouquets of chrysanthemums, one yellow, one white. A girl's gotta have something bright, seeing as other than from family, I've never gotten flowers otherwise. Someone needs to fix that... tbd who at a later date ;)

I also finished another book today, which made me want to be sitting on a sunny beach with another good book. Cue to later in the day, post Skype dates with the family, and I decided to go on a nice bike ride to Poppelsdorf and back, had a little picnic snack in the grass while there. By this point it is 81F+ and I'm ready for a break. After getting back to my nice and cool apartment, I fixed up some dinner, a very confused salad. Peaches, mozzarella cheese, romaine lettuce, honey mustard dressing with finely minced onion... deliciously paired with a Riesling, aka, the cause of the random blog :) Dessert- chocolates from Belgium, one with raspberries, 2 different kinds of creme brulee (the first one was very delicious, the second one- only okay), and a chilli pepper one, yum. With that I'll close this blog until the next one. PS, I have received a postcard almost everyday this week, and as I was getting over being sick earlier this week, it was the perfect thing to get in the mail. To date, I've gotten 26 postcards total, from 10 different people. Keep them coming, they are the highlight of my day when I see them in my mailbox.

Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment