Saturday, February 23, 2013

Score!

2/23/13

So today was supposed to be a wander around and buy groceries day, but the weather turned south on me. That being said, I scored some fabulous things without having to walk 10,000 miles to get them. First stop was Kaiser- one of the 5 grocery stores I've been to since last Friday. I finally found a hair dryer, no need to trek all over town to get one. Did I mention I found a whole bunch of excellent chocolate? I'll be taste testing some rum raisin chocolate shortly. After carting what felt like 100 lbs of groceries about 12 blocks and up 4 floors, went to another store and managed to find another wool coat for 9 euro- how about them apples? If it hadn't started snowing pretty hard, I would have continued around town, however, the flakes kept coming. As if those scores were enough, after sitting here chatting and watching the snow come down, I realized my bread went bad, so I had to run out in the snow to go get some because all the stores are closed on Sundays. I ended up at Aldi, I only went for bread, and came back with that and some chocolate filled pastries from France, and of course with what every store has, a mini oven. That's right I came back with bread and a mini oven. Thank goodness that it was light, so I carried it the 4 or so blocks home and up the 4 flights of stairs. Needless to say, my arms are like jelly. I'm now watching the snow come down some more, it's not melting off, as the 'sun' goes down (can't see it behind the clouds anyway. How many inches will be on the ground tomorrow I wonder?








No comments:

Post a Comment