Monday, January 20, 2014

Another year/ Chihuly in the garden

Another year has flown by, and with this new one, some new adventures. I had an amazing New Year's Eve hosted by friends Drew and Amy, surrounded by old friends and new. But I wasn't going to spend the first day of the new year in bed sleeping, especially when I could catch up with some other friends and enjoy a new adventure on the first day of the year. So, I arranged a get together to see Chihuly (glass blower extraordinaire- you'll see in the photos) at the Desert Botanical Gardens in Phoenix with friends Jessica, Nora, and Patrick. Chihuly's glass has been displayed in the garden before, several years back, and it was an amazing experience. This time was still cool, but I think the previous one blew this one out of the water. The specialty feature throughout the garden were these glass spears with different color hues in them, another was two separate blue pieces that were pretty majestic. The day was warm (think ~80F), and it was nice to feel the sun shining and spend it with amazing friends. With that, I will let you enjoy the pictures below.















































1 comment:

  1. Awesome pics! It sure was a fun day. I'm glad your New Years was wonderful this year!

    ReplyDelete