Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Weekend randomness

This weekend I stayed in Bonn, which is a shock because I've been traveling the past 2 weekends, and will be traveling the next 2 weekends. This weekend was full of fun on Saturday, I went on a bit of a shopping escapade. One of my dislikes of international clothing companies is that an item of clothing will have the same numerical number on the tag, but will be in Euros instead of USD, which means it will 30% more expensive- darnit. German Chancellor Merkel was also in Bonn to give a campaign speech, so I headed over there to try to hear what she was saying (from what I could interpret). Apparently the overall message was that she was trying to re-assure her current voters and she took a few potshots at the other political parties.

Other delightful fun was again getting involved in the local Meetup group, which was having an all girls lunch (Mittagessen) at Casa del Gatto. Luckily we were put in a room inside as it started to rain, unfortunantly the room had a curved ceiling so there was a cacophony of noise with 20+ of us in there. I had a caprese salad, nothing spectacular, but I did have food envy. Afterwards we checked out a wine festival that was happening in the center of the city in Muensterplatz. I had a nice white wine, even though it was a bit sweet. It was an award winner though. That lasted for about 15 minutes before everyone had to run for cover as it started to rain again. Oh well, but at least it was a fun weekend in town. Fall weather has officially arrived.

Wine festival before the rain

Chancellor Merkel

No comments:

Post a Comment