Monday, April 1, 2013

Some new Deutsch phrases

Hi! So I figured I would share all the new words given to me this week by my co-workers. Some are pretty hilarious things that they thought I should know :)


17.         Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag (hair zlichen gluck vounsch  zum gay burt stag) - happy birthday
18.         Mittagessen-(mittag guessen)- lunch
19.         Feiestag (fia tag)- holiday
20.         Uslaub (ooa laob)- vacation
21.         Stunde (schtoonde)- hour
22.         Keine ahnung (kina ah- nung)- I have no idea
23.         Genau- (Ge now)- right/exactly
24.         Was hab ich verpasst? ( vas hab ish fapasst)- What did I miss?
25.         Wann gehen wir? (Vann geeyen veer)- When will we leave?
26.         Kein problem- (kine pro blem)- no problem
27.         Ich wars nicht (ish vas nisckt)- it wasn’t me
28.         Klettern (klet ern)- climbing
29.         Sichern (zeeschen)- belay
30.         Griff (griff- roll the g)- hold
31.         Links- (links)- left
32.         Rechts (reschs- roll the r)- right
33.         Hand (haand)- hand
34.         Fuß (foose)- foot
35.         Ich bin pleite- (ish bin plyta)- I’m broke
36.         Ich bin beschäftigt (ish bin be-schef-tigt)- I’m busy
37.         Danke, es was (danka es vaar)- Thanks, it was
38.         Ausgezeichued! (ows-gey-sigh-schnud)- delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment